Shipping and Receiving Lifts
What you need to know about shipping, and receiving your new Direct lift
Please read and understand all of the information below before purchasing a lift. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call the Direct Lift Customer Service department at 1-866-347-5438.
- All lift shipments will be delivered via a common carrier such as Yellow Freight or USF Holland on an enclosed semi-trailer approximately 53 foot in length. Occasionally freight may be delivered on a flatbed.
- Residential deliveries cannot be made if the carrier cannot drive a 50 foot semi in the neighborhood due to local ordinances or because of obstacles preventing this size of vehicle from safely maneuvering through the neighborhood.
- The driver is not responsible for unloading the equipment.
- The driver is an employee of the carrier and any complaints about delivery should be directed to the carrier’s customer service department.
- To unload the lift you will require a forklift, backhoe, or similar equipment that has the capacity to lift and move 1500 to 3000 pounds depending on the model ordered.
- Due to equipment size, lift-gate deliveries are only available for a few select models; contact us at [email protected] for details.
- Carriers will not allow you to remove the lift one piece at a time; the complete lift must be removed all at once.
- Carriers will not and do not guarantee specific delivery times or dates.
- Carriers can call 24 hours before delivery to schedule delivery if requested at the time the order is placed. Usually, this is done at no cost, but occasionally there may be a fee for this service.
- If any of the above creates problems accepting delivery you can arrange to pick the lift up at one of our distributor warehouses, have it shipped to a location that has the required equipment to unload, or you can have the carrier hold the delivery at a local terminal for pick-up. We will need this information at the time the order is placed. There will be fees from the carrier for any changes made after shipment.
- If you decide to pick up your lift from a warehouse you will need a trailer to safely haul your lift. A four-post lift is approximately 16 feet long and a two-post lift is approximately 10 feet long, so make sure your trailer is long enough for the lift.
- All shipments are shipped “FOB Origin” which means the shipper pays the carrier for shipment at the time of pickup. The shipper bills the customer for freight and the customer owns the equipment while in transit and must file any claims for damage with the carrier.
If your shipment is damaged you have two options:
1) ACCEPTING AN ITEM WITH FREIGHT DAMAGE.
Choose this option if you only have minor cosmetic damage or a part that needs replacing to make the unit complete. Make note of the damage on the freight bill prior to signing and accepting delivery. You will be responsible for filing the freight damage claim with the carrier; the driver can provide a number for you to call his terminal to begin the process. Once you have filed the claim, Direct Lift can provide any replacement parts or touch up paint needed should you choose this option and the carrier should reimburse you for the cost of these items. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please call our customer service department at 1-866-347-5438.
2) REFUSE THE DAMAGED ITEM.
Choose this option if the carrier has severely damaged the freight beyond your judgment of a simple repair. Direct Lift or the distributor will file all freight claims if refused due to severe damage. Make a copy of the freight bill and fax it to 812-273-7315 or email it to [email protected] with a brief explanation of the damage. If this is not possible, call Direct Lift at 866-347-5438 to notify us of the damage so that we can arrange to have a replacement lift shipped.